Friday, April 10, 2009

Earle Mankey -Mau Mau


Earle Mankey –Mau Mau/ Crazy –Bronze BRO 53 (1978 UK issue)

OK, this is not particularly obscure, but I gave this copy a spin while I was tidying up and it was a real joyous occasion getting reacquainted with it. It’s a real Pop producer’s single and it sits somewhere between Biology (off that first Sparks/ Halfnelson LP) and the Move’s Do Ya with its monster riff. Fun with a capital P for Pop.
…this might just give me the momentum, to start a mini series of Jungle themed tunes…

Feast on the Mau Mau



4 comments:

Coop said...

Great tune, I picked up the US version on Bomp at a car boot sale a couple of years ago along with some other Bomp 7"s.

Roberto said...

Some years ago i found both the 7"and the miniLP,itincludes one of the quirkiest version of The Lions Sleep Tonight...Mau Mau is one of my faves.Great blog to discover great tunes!

Anonymous said...

I prefer "Crazy", but 2 are good. Very nice blog Robin!

Anonymous said...

Ñ~~ I think Earle was the Eno/Cale of Sparks. They lost something very important.